Bunker Sales & Trading Service Solutions
Universal Bunkering Pty Ltd provides Bunker Sales & Supply Services for Ship Owners and Charterers.
Universal Bunkering started operations in Sydney in 1964 as Universal Charterers and was the only 100 % owned and operated Australian Ship Broking Company at that time. The business soon expanded and opened up offices in Melbourne and Brisbane. In 1986, the company was sold to Joachim Grieg & Co., Bergen, Norway, who was at that time a 50 % owner of Star Shipping Ltd., Norway.
The bunker sales and trading of Universal commenced from the Melbourne office in 1990. The bunker staff had come from a background in chartering, one having had more than 15 years in Chartering & Ship Broking working for one of Australia’s largest Steel and Minerals exporters and various Ship broking companies.
In the very volatile global bunker market there are some real challenges in providing the knowledge and specialist expertise that is required to provide 100 % Customer service. Some of the areas in which Universal Bunkering has the demonstrated ability to do this are:-
- By working only with first class Suppliers and Traders, thereby ensuring that only the best quality bunkers are provided at the best possible prices at all ports throughout the world.
- Ultimately price and quality are critical factors, but customers also need input and advice regarding availability and delivery methods, maximizing costs savings and minimizing delivery times.
- Assistance with fuel choices, relative to the time that Vessel’s may spend in Emission Control Areas (ECA’s) which will become more important as ECA locations and legislation continue to evolve.
- Development of risk management strategies for fuel procurement, assistance with long term bunker planning, routing to maximize the best possible bunker prices, taking into account the Vessel’s time charter and/or operating costs.
- Universal Bunkering has a close association with many Suppliers around the world, built up over more than 25 years of trading bunkers. Universal also has credit facilities with most major and many independent oil companies and bunker suppliers.
- Universal Bunkering can advise on all ports around the world and provide sound Bunker supply and management geared to optimising cost savings without compromising bunker quality. To achieve this, a close relationship must exist between Universal Bunkering and our customers, with an understanding of the customer’s Vessel’s, operations, business, trading routes, ports and any technical requirements, especially when switching between different types of fuels as well as being mindful of new building prerequisites.
Universal Bunkering can supply your Bunker requirements on a global basis.
Should you require any further information with respect to Universal Bunkering, then please feel free to contact:
Mark Neve | General Manager | Universal Bunkering Pty Ltd
D: + 61 3 9211-9313 | F: + 61 3 9211-9352 | M: + 61 (0) 418-530-171 | E:email@example.com
Please complete this form for email enquiries.